In this blog post by Mama and The Word, I will show you how Christian journaling prompts for busy mamas have helped me focus my thoughts and reflect on my daily life. As well as being a great way of connecting to God each day as a busy Christian woman. So you no longer feel, alone, overwhelmed, or frustrated. It also encourages you to spend more time in god’s word and reflect on what God wants us to learn daily. So make sure to read to the end of this post, and don’t forget to grab my free 5-day bible reading plan
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure.
Here you will find a whole month of Christian journal prompts that will help you to reflect on god’s word. So that you can get the most out of your journaling time.
As well as finding new ways to connect and reflect on what God is trying to show you through bible passages, studies or daily life with your family.
Hi I’m Gem
I am a busy Christain wife & mama. I have been married for the last 15 years to my best friend. We have four wonderfully individual children together, 15, 13, and 3 (x2).
We have lived in two different countries, traveled halfway around the world with our children, and back again. Experiencing some unique cultures, languages, and people.
I found God along the way too. It’s now my mission to share that journey with you and help you in your journey with God, your family, and your kitchen too.
By giving you the tools and resources to help you grow closer to the Lord, understand your family more, and develop your skills in the kitchen.
Each of us has a god-given gift or talent that he created us with for His purpose.
And if this is your first time visiting Mama & The Word, put a heart in the comment box below so I can officially welcome you to the community.
See more here: About
Christian Journaling Prompts
Journal prompts are a great starting point for focusing your mind on a specific question for your daily journal.
For our wedding anniversary this year, my husband bought me a beautiful bible from Hosanna Revival. They have beautifully designed fabric covers as well as leather-bound bibles too.
They also have a large print option and their standard print size. But what I love most about it is that it has wide margins for bible journaling and note-taking.
My copy is an English Standard Version (ESV). This is my favorite journaling bible
Whilst I love my bible, I also enjoy using the youversion bible app. It is great for looking up specific bible verses and also has reading plans and other great features too.
Get the You version app here: https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/
The Benefits Of Christian Journaling Prompts
Journaling as a Christian mama can have a number of positive benefits. I found that it gives me new insights into what God is trying to reveal or show me through the word.
It allows me to reflect on individual bible verses or pieces of scripture so that I can have a better understanding.
It is also aiding my spiritual journey with the Lord as well as improving my mental wellbeing. Daily journaling can also have positive health benefits which are as follows.
- helps people identify and accept their emotions
- aids in managing or reducing stress
- ease symptoms of mental health
- help reduce blood pressure
- strengthen your immune system
- aid better sleep
- increase better overall health
Read more here for more information: 83 Benefits of Journaling for Depression, Anxiety, and Stress (positivepsychology.com
31 Christian Journal Prompts For Busy Mamas
As a mama myself and so you can get to know me a little bit better. I have listed 31 questions and answered them myself too.
- What is your favorite bible verse?
- Why do you enjoy this verse in particular?
- What is your favorite book in the bible?
- Why do you enjoy this book so much?
- When is the best time to read your bible for you?
- Do you read your bible daily?
- How long do you spend in the Word?
- Do you feel connected to the Holy Spirit?
- Do you have a particular bible passage that you find helpful?
- How do you seek God’s help?
- What life experiences have drawn you closer to God?
- Do you feel you have experienced God’s grace?
- What are the promises of God?
- What is the best thing God has blessed you with?
- In hard times what verse do you turn to for strength?
- How do you think spiritual growth is measured?
- What is the best way to connect with God?
- How would you describe your prayer life?
- What is your favorite way to interact with God?
- How do you reflect God’s character?
- What is the hardest thing you have experienced in life?
- How does God help you in the different areas of your life?
- What is the most impactful part of my quiet times with God?
- How does God make you a better parent?
- Do you rely on your own thoughts or do you ask God?
- Make a list of things that God has helped you with so far this year?
- What are you grateful for today?
- Recall a specific situation where you felt God’s presents?
- What bible verse of the day speaks to you today?
- What specific area is God making you work on in this season?
- How can You connect with God on a deeper level?
Why I Enjoy Journaling As A Busy Christian Mama
Daily journaling is helping not only with my spiritual journey but also with my personal self-care journey. It has now become a part of my daily routine and I find it calming and good for stress relief.
Journaling helps me with my spiritual discipline of reading my bible, studying the Word, praying, and understanding how I should be applying the bible to my daily life as a wife and mother.
By studying bible verses and scripture I am better able to understand god’s character and god’s goodness so that I can display this in my own character.
It can take me from a bad mood to a good mood in as little as five minutes just by reflecting on what I have read that day or by seeing a prayer answered or feeling God’s presence in difficult situations.
What Christian Journaling Prompts Has Taught Me As A Busy Mama
A spiritual journal is a great tool to discern god’s love and god’s goodness.
It also helps us to build our understanding of God and see how having Him present in our daily life is the most important relationship we should make time for each day.
Morning journaling allows us to be grateful first thing in the morning. We can give praise to the Lord for all the things that we do have which reinforces our positive mental attitude while showing thanksgiving to God for His blessings.
Journaling also provides us with a way of seeing our spiritual growth on paper. It can also serve as showing us when prayers have been answered, goals achieved, ideas developed, and dreams fulfilled.
Lastly A Word From This Mama
I really hope that you enjoy the morning journal writing prompts and that you find it a great tool to aid you in processing your thoughts and emotions this month.
I have other journal prompts that you may like and you can find those listed below. Also, I would love to know if you have started journaling yet?
What do you think about it? Leave your comments or questions below as I love to read and answer them.
Other Posts You May Enjoy
50 Morning Journal Prompts For Busy Mama’s
30 April Journal Writing Prompts For Mamas
How You Can Be More Intentional With Your Time As A Busy Christian Mama
How To Create A Morning Prayer Routine That Works Without Feeling Overwhelmed & Unequipped?